Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Oh no she didn't!

This past Wednesday I sent my sister a text which read...

I love my job BUT…every morning, I pout all the way to work - chanting softly (so no one hears) why me, why me, why me...

Instead of being supportive and empathetic she says "You wouldn't be in this situation if you had gone to college like I suggested"

I couldn't believe she said that, not just because it was audacious and arrogant - but her tone was quite hainty. I didn't want to be the one to state the obvious but, in this situation, she left me no choice. So, I (not so) kindly reminded her that even though she graduated Summa Cum Laude from a top 25 University she only earns approximately 35% more than I earn. I was also sweet enough to let her know, in addition, to earning a mere 35% more she does 3 times as much work as I and commutes 3 times further than I.

Needless to say she didn't have a rebuttal.

No comments:

Post a Comment